Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog. If you’re new here, welcome to Ashabeé family😊.
So, last week was my birthday, remember I mentioned it here (the excitement and all, lol). Thank y’all so much for all the wishes, y’all made my day. I felt so loved, thank you🙏😘
In lieu of this, I’d be sharing here 22 Life Lessons that have learned so far from relationship, friendships, parents, classmates, siblings, basically everyone that I have encountered in this life journey of mine. So, don’t go anywhere…. Enjoy.
22 Life Lessons in no particular order are….
1. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
2. Don’t compare your life to others’. There is no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it is their time.
3. Quality is always better than quantity. The less quality friends you have,the better. Having loads of friends that probably gossip, backbite and a bunch of heartbreaking stuff is pointless.
4. I’ve learned to be friends with the broken. They know how to survive and have a depth of great love and understanding. I’ve learned that loneliness has nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you.
5. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.
6. The most important sex organ is the Brain.
7. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Take charge.
8. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
10. Your sibling might exaggerate, be dramatic, create the most chaos that was ever seen, but you know that in the end, you’ll always be there for each other.
11. With my sister in another city separate from me😩,I’ve come to know this: Siblings might be distant and away from each other in different moments of their lives, but they’ll always be friends no matter what, friends that they didn’t have to choose.
12. There’s no shame in being wrong, and no defeat in saying sorry. Accepting when you are wrong and apologising for mistakes that have affected others is a necessary healing process for both parties involved. It also helps you become a more compassionate, kind person.
13. Life is too short to spend it living out the expectations of others. This is your journey. Make it your story.
14. Do your best not to mix business and friends, unless money is not the goal.
15. You need to have a real passion for what you are doing and the decisions you are making for these decisions to be worth it. Never make decisions solely on the monetary gain.
16. Make mistakes and remain a creative being. Mistakes are a proof that you’re trying. Being a creative being requires the ability to fail numerously, these fails eventually sum up your success story.
17. Time doesn’t heal anything, rather, it teaches us to live with the pain.
18. Exercise should be a daily priority for everyone. It makes you physically, mentally, and emotionally stronger. It improves your health and your outlook.
19. Pleasing others for approval and acceptance might feel good in the short term, but eventually you will lose yourself and feel resentful. Please yourself first and give to others based on conscious choice, not the desire for approval.
20. The words you speak have power. Consider your words carefully. Use them for good rather than harm. Once they are out, you can’t take them back.
21. Don’t allow pain from your past (or present) to linger and cause you suffering. Don’t stuff it down or pretend it doesn’t matter when it does. Seek support from a professional trained to help if need be, talk to someone about it too if need be, just don’t let the pain linger.
22. If you want meaning in your life, start with serving others. Find a way to make a difference, even a small difference, and your life will feel purposeful.
Yeah FAM, I have learnt way more than these lessons but I have shared here according to my “scale of preference”, the very important ones. Feel free to add yours in the comment section, till next time…. Kisses😘😘😘😘